JADE Care Start
Users of JADE Technologies are welcome to include the JADECare Start schema in their solution. This high-level schema provides helpful features and examples to assist you in building robust and high performance applications. Features include; global exception handling, SMTP interface, online backup, FTP and HTTP file transfer, advanced diagnostics, LDAP interface and many more. Note that this schema must be present in JADE systems that use the Care24 managed service.
Normally JADE Care Start will be the immediate subschema of Root Schema. The version of JADE Care Start should be kept up to date with the relevant JADE release. JADE Care Start is licensed free of charge to JADE users.
JADE Care Start contains two broad categories of classes. These are as follows:
Common Service Classes
The common service classes are available to all Jade Technologies users and include the following significant functions:
- Global exception handlers:
- Global (if all else fails) exception handler
- Lock exception handler, with retry mechanism
- Deadlock exception handler, with retry mechanism
- TCP connection exception handler
- Comprehensive application stack dump utility. This is an essential tool for diagnosing intermittent or data-dependent application faults in a distributed production environment.
- Application diagnostic logging facility.
- SMTP classes, which allows the application developer to send SMTP messages and attachments.
- LDAP classes, which allow developers to easily code directory access to an LDAP server.
- FTP and HTTP file transfer classes.
- Easy-to-use TCP connection class and methods.
- Methods to allow the application developer to specify the collection of transaction performance data.
- Encapsulated on-line database backup application.
- Miscellaneous utility functions, such as;
- String handling routines
- Time and date handling routines
- File path handling methods
Care24 Managed Service Classes
This group of classes provides the functionality required by the Care24 service. The functions include:
- Connection to JADE Care Systems Agent at application start up
- Monitoring and reporting of client start up and shut down
- Critical application monitoring
- Application version control and deployment
- Online and offline backup
- Online compaction
- Capture of application and database performance data
JADE Care Start documentation is provided in each release download package.
The Minimum JADE Care Start Version is the minimum software level required for the applicable JADE release.
The Recommended JADE Care Start Version may contain fixes for problems existing in the Minimum JADE Care Start Version, or may contain new features.
For JADE release and support policy information, please refer to the JADE Release Policy document. Jade strongly recommends that its customers maintain their systems at the latest possible JADE release levels.
JADE Care Start support, other than shown in the table below, is limited to support for JADE Care Start versions that are applicable to currently-supported JADE versions.
For information on supported JADE versions please email: email@example.com
For JADE Care Start support please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
|JADE Version||Minimum Start Version||Recommended Start Version||Download|
If you are a user of Parsys then you may also use this facility to request support and new features for JADE Care Start. Use Product Name: JADE Care Start.
Otherwise provide as much information as possible regarding your request by EMAIL to email@example.com.