To enable you to meet your organisational objectives and to allow your teams to work more efficiently, it is important for the JADE platform to continually evolve. We hope you enjoy the new functionality available in this release. We've certainly enjoyed getting it shipshape for you.
When will the new release be available?
JADE 2020 is now available. Download it here.
What is coming in JADE 2020?
Openness – Making it easier to integrate with your entire technology stack
- REST API Consumer (JAD-I-97)
REST Client Demo is available here
- Support Utf8 in JadeHttpConnection (JAD-I-349)
Security – Meeting stringent security requirements
- Securing RESTful services (JAD-I-430)
- SSL encryption
Performance – Ensure system performance and reliability
Deployment and Operations – Make it easier to deploy and manage JADE, in the cloud and onsite
- Containerising JADE services (JAD-I-433)
Containerising JADE demo is available here
- Restartable logical certify (JAD-I-478)
- Certifier warnings added (JAD-I-407)
Developer Productivity and Experience – Help Developers do more in less time and improve their experience
- RootSchema Iterable / Iterator Interfaces (JAD-I-571, JAD-I-572, JAD-I-173)
- Array of variable length strings (JAD-I-84)
- Regular Expression Support (JAD-I-438)
Regex Demo available here
- Built-in Quick Inspect (JAD-I-168)
Demo is available here
- Support Time zones and daylight savings (JAD-I-254)
Demo is available here
- IDE UX improvements:
User Experience – Giving you more options to create great experiences for end users
- Skins – Usability improvements (JAD-I-404, JAD-I-443, JAD-I-306)
- Float/Dock for MDI Child forms (JAD-I-446)
- Message Boxes with custom button captions (JAD-I-146)
- comboBox enhancements for touch screens (JAD-I-467)
The JEDI portal is a collection of Ideas -- ideas for the ways we can make JADE work better for you. Every idea on the JEDI forum has a status. The ideas with these statuses represent features that make up the roadmap:
We’ve prioritised this feature and expect to ship it in JADE 2020.
We’re actively working on this feature and expect to ship it in JADE 2020.
- Ready for release
It’s done! You’ll see this feature in JADE 2020
Items with a status of future consideration haven’t been prioritised for the next release. We’ll revisit them in the future as we have capacity.
Follow the roadmap on the JEDI portal, here you can add new ideas, as well as leave comments and feedback on existing ideas - including the ones we are executing, or have implemented already.
And don’t forget to subscribe and create your username so you get automated updates from JEDI.
Jade Software Corporation Limited cannot accept any financial or other responsibilities that may be the result of your use of this information or software material, including direct, indirect, special or consequential damages, or loss of profits. There are no warranties extended or granted by this document or software material. You should be very careful to ensure that the use of this software material and/or information complies with the laws, rules, and regulations of the jurisdictions with respect to which it is used. No part of this document may be reproduced or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the express written permission of Jade Software Corporation Limited. The information contained herein is subject to change without notice.