The supported Windows operating system versions required for JADE development and applications are:
- Windows Server 2019 (from JADE 2016.0.02, JADE 2018.0.01, JADE 2020.0.01, and later)
- Windows Server 2016 (from JADE 2016.0.01, JADE 2018.0.01, JADE 2020.0.01, and later)
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows 10 (from JADE 2016.0.01, JADE 2018.0.01, JADE 2020.0.01, and later)
JADE uses different versions of the Expat Extensible Markup Language (XML) and web service parser for 32-bit and 64-bit installations. (For details, see http://expat.sourceforge.net/.) The 32-bit version and the 64-bit version are built using expat_2.1.0. The 64-bit version of the parser, which is stricter in enforcing validation rules, can raise exceptions in some applications.
- The database server will run only on a 64-bit version of Windows. Clients can be 32-bit or 64-bit.
- JADE encodes Unicode characters using the wide-character-encoding routines provided by Microsoft Windows.
- JADE 2020 and JADE 2018 are built using Microsoft Visual Studio 2017, which requires the installation of the Microsoft Visual C++ 2017 Redistributables. You must install the x64 redistributables to run a 64-bit node, and the x86 redistributables to run a 32-bit node.
- Installation of the required C++ runtimes will be done as part of the normal JADE installation, if necessary. Installing this Microsoft redistributable package requires administration privileges.
Additional Software Requirements for deploying JADE web applications
The additional software required to deploy JADE Web Applications is the minimum of one of the following.
- Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS)
- WebSocket protocol requires IIS 8 or later
- Apache 2.4.10 for Microsoft Windows
In addition, JADE web services support SOAP version 1.1 and version 1.2.
Note: Unicode web applications are not supported.
To provide greater security with firewalls, the machine hosting the web server can be different from the machine that is running the JADE application.
ODBC Requirements for External Database Coexistence or JADE ODBC Driver Usage
The Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) installed with the Windows operating system are sufficient for running an external relational database or using the JADE ODBC standard or thin client driver.
Note: The JADE ODBC drivers are available in 32-bit and 64-bit versions. If running on a 64-bit machine, the driver used must match the third-party tool being used; for example, it may be necessary to install 32-bit JADE ODBC drivers for use with 32-bit tools.
When using an external database on a 64-bit machine, the bit version of the JADE node executing the external database access must match the bit version of the external database ODBC driver that is being used.
If you are running JADE on a 64-bit machine under Windows in 64-bit mode and you are configuring a 32-bit ODBC driver, run the following program.
This runs the 32-bit version of the Microsoft Data Source Administrator program rather than the 64-bit version.
JADE Generic Messaging Requirements
The IBM WebSphere MQ interface in the JADE Generic Messaging module is built using the WMQ version 188.8.131.52 Client Interface Library.
The WMQ API can be used in both 64-bit and 32-bit client nodes.
To develop and compile .NET applications for .NET exposure requires a minimum of:
- Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 or higher
For external component libraries, you require:
- .NET 4.x components (or .NET 3.x, if you are using components designed for .NET 3.x)
Postscript Printing Requirements
If using Postscript printing, your printer must support Postscript Level 2 or greater.
Relational Population Service (RPS) Node Requirements
With the Relational Population Service (RPS), the following 64-bit SQL Server ODBC drivers must be used for the SQL Server versions.
- Microsoft SQL Server 2019 requires one of:
- SQL Server Native Client 11.0 or later
- ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server 2016 requires one of:
- SQL Server Native Client 11.0 or later
- ODBC Driver 13 for SQL Server
- Microsoft SQL Server 2014 requires SQL Server Native Client 11.0 or later
- Microsoft SQL Server 2012 requires SQL Server Native Client 11.0 or later
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 requires SQL Server Native Client 10.0 or later
The sqlcmd SQL Server utility must be installed on the RPS node to use the default (recommended) sqlcmd to execute SQL scripts.
Virtual Environments Requirements
JADE can be run on Intel-compatible hardware in a virtual environment on all supported operating systems listed in the previous sections.
Support is provided as per the published release policy for faults found in a virtual environment; however, a problem that is suspected to be related to an issue in the virtualisation layer may result in requests for additional customer diagnostic actions. In rare cases, fixes for issues that are specific to the virtualisation layer may be negotiated with the customer.