Jade Software specialises in the design, development and support of innovative software for a range of industries around the world.
The Jade team is made up of expert, passionate people drawn from the world’s leading companies. It’s this talent, combined with our design-led methods and powerful technologies, which ensure Jade deliver market leading solutions.
Jade is headquartered in Christchurch and has offices in Auckland, Dunedin, Sydney, Melbourne, and the UK. Jade clients include some of the world’s best-known companies in financial services, telecommunications, utilities, retail and education.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a motivated and dynamic Business Analyst to join our Christchurch team. Reporting to the Delivery Manager, you will be an integral team member. You will be working closely with developers, UX specialists, managers, and clients in an Agile environment. You will be responsible for analysis, assessment and clarification of client business requirements, turning these requirements into clear understandable backlog for developers to work from.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engaging and liaising with clients and internal stakeholders to develop, interpret and understand client business requirements
- Educate clients on agile procedure and process to ensure efficiency of software development
- Identify and engage with key business stakeholders and building ongoing stakeholder relationships
- Provides regular status updates on project changes whilst working closely with the Delivery Manager and stakeholders
- Identify opportunities for improving business processes. This will include working with the Delivery Manager and business stakeholders
- Conduct change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and document business rules, functions and requirements.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of a progressive international company. As the successful applicant, you will be provided with on the job training and be well supported with career path planning and regular performance and development reviews. You will receive a competitive remuneration package including many first-rate benefits such as health insurance, life and income protection insurance and subsidised broadband.
As the successful candidate, you will ideally possess:
- Minimum 2-3 years' experience as a Business Analyst with a solid understanding of agile development process
- Extensive experience with requirements gathering
- A strong understanding of user stories and experience writing these
- Ability to facilitate and run workshops to develop and understand business requirements with confidence
- Experience working closely with development teams facilitating their development activities and evolving requirements based on developer feedback
- Ability to work to schedules to keep a steady flow of work ready for development team
- Documentation and project reporting skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
You will be:
- An engaged and active team member of an established team
- Cooperative and team focussed
- Organised and can work and prioritise time independently
- Fun to work with while working towards delivering outcomes
- Working with other stakeholders e.g. BAs, UXers, PMs, Developers, Account Managers.
Applications, including CV and cover letter, should be sent to email@example.com