Jade Software specialises in the design, development and support of innovative software for the movers and shakers in a range of industries around the world.
The Jade team is made up of expert, passionate people drawn from the world’s leading companies. It’s this talent, combined with our design-led methods and powerful technologies, which ensure Jade deliver market leading solutions.
Jade is headquartered in Christchurch and has offices in Auckland, Dunedin, Sydney, Melbourne, and the UK. Jade clients include some of the world’s best-known companies in financial services, telecommunications, utilities, retail and education.
About the Role
We are currently seeking a motivated and dynamic Business Analyst to join our Auckland team. Reporting to the Delivery Manager, you will be an integral team member, working closely with developers, UX specialists, managers, clients and other business analysts in an agile and challenging environment. You will be responsible for analysis, assessment and clarification of client business requirements, turning these requirements into clear, understandable documents for developers to work from. The position offers opportunity to grow in both the role and the organization, and to own and lead parts of Jade’s end to end service delivery, where your ideas may improve both the way we work, and the outcomes for our clients.
Key responsibilities include:
- Engaging and liaising with clients and internal stakeholders to develop, interpret and understand client business requirements
- Identifying and engaging with key business stakeholders and building ongoing stakeholder relationships
- Documenting requirements and user stories which will guide the analysis process from project inception to final handover
- Providing regular status updates on project changes whilst working closely with the Delivery Manager and stakeholders
- Identifying opportunities for improving business processes. This will include working with the Delivery Manager and business stakeholders
- Conducting change impact analysis to assess the potential implications of changes and document business rules, functions and requirements
- Representing Jade in a professional and competent manner while working on site with our customers
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of a progressive international company. As the successful applicant, you will be well supported with career path planning and regular performance and development reviews. You will receive a competitive remuneration package including many first-rate benefits such as health insurance, life and income protection insurance and subsidised broadband.
As the successful candidate, you will ideally possess:
- Minimum 5 years' experience as a Business Analyst
- Familiar with managing change within an organization as a result of project delivery
- Extensive experience with requirements elicitation and capture
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills with an ability to operate at both the conceptual and detailed level
- An ability to deal with ambiguity in a business environment and define a path forward based on common understanding
- Ability to facilitate and confidently run workshops to develop and understand business requirements
- Demonstrated technical documentation and project reporting skills
- Business process mapping experience
- Ability to lead meetings, workshops and other customer engagements
- Excellent written and verbal communications skill
You will be:
- An engaged and active team member of an established team
- Organised and can work and prioritise time independently
- Fun to work with while working towards delivering outcomes
- Working with other stakeholders e.g. end users, BAs, PMs, Developers, Account Managers
Applications, including CV and cover letter, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org