Jade Software specialises in the design, development and support of innovative software for a range of industries around the world.
The Jade team is made up of expert, passionate people drawn from the world’s leading companies. It’s this talent, combined with our design-led methods and powerful technologies, which ensure Jade deliver market leading solutions.
Jade is headquartered in Christchurch and has offices in Auckland, Dunedin, Sydney, Melbourne, and the UK. Jade clients include some of the world’s best-known companies in financial services, telecommunications, utilities, retail and education.
About the Role
Jade Software is seeking an energetic and proactive Financial Accountant to take a leadership role in financial reporting and compliance with responsibility across Australasia, Europe, the Middle East and USA. In keeping with the dynamic, fast moving software environment we are expecting this role to appeal to someone looking to grow and make a real difference in this iconic company.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead preparation of group annual report and subsidiary company financial statements;
- Ensure compliance with IFRS and other relevant financial reporting regulations;
- Contribute toward global tax compliance;
- Completion and maintenance of international transfer pricing strategies and documentation;
- Ownership of key month-end accounting activities and reconciliations;
- Ensure compliance with Company law and other statutory requirements; and
- Contribute towards building and maintaining a best-practice internal control environment and processes.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of a progressive international company. As the successful applicant you will be provided with on the job training and be well supported with career path planning and regular performance and development reviews. You will receive a competitive remuneration package including a number of first-rate benefits such as health insurance, life and income protection insurance and subsidised broadband.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Full membership of the Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand institute;
- A minimum of 5 years previous experience in a relevant role;
- Proven experience and an in depth knowledge of financial reporting and reconciliation processes;
- Sound IFRS knowledge;
- Strong computer literacy skills with solid experience in accounting systems and a good working knowledge of Microsoft Excel;
- A wide range of proven and displayed communication strengths and techniques;
- Strong relationship building and influencing skills;
- High levels of energy, commitment and motivation to obtaining quality and accuracy in all aspects of the role;
- A proactive approach with demonstrated initiative and innovation combined with sound judgement; and
- An ability to work well within an established team.
Applications, including CV and cover letter, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org