Jade Software specialises in the design, build and support of innovative software for a range of industries around the world.
The Jade team is made up of expert, passionate people drawn from the world’s leading companies. It’s this talent, combined with our design-led methods and powerful technologies, which ensure Jade deliver market leading solutions.
Jade have offices in New Zealand, Australia, USA, UK, the Netherlands, Switzerland, Indonesia and the United Arab Emirates. Jade clients include some of the world’s best known companies in financial services, telecommunications, utilities, retail and logistics.
About the Role
The Jade Visual Design team has a position available for an Intermediate level Graphic Designer. This is an exciting role within a busy team of Graphic and Digital Designers located at our Christchurch development centre. The role involves working on a wide variety of different Jade projects for eternal clients and internal stakeholders including the Jade Marketing team.
The successful candidate will help create the design style for a global brand and build their own portfolio with a huge variety of work. This work will include Digital Design and Graphic Design. Clear art direction will be given, as well as opportunities to manage jobs and art direct others.
This job will suit a talented designer with at least 5 years of experience and a strong portfolio who is looking to step up into a more challenging and fulfilling role.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Helping to bring the Jade visual experience to life.
- Working with the Jade Marketing team to create campaigns for Jade business units.
- Creating a variety of collateral such as flyers, advertisements, brochures, logos, direct marketing pieces, posters, office signage, exhibits and displays.
- Designing web sites, email campaigns, electronic collateral, web applications, software application art, product collateral, PowerPoint slide decks, graphs, merchandise, charts and video graphics.
- Taking outstanding photos, shooting video and doing image manipulation.
- Illustration, storyboarding and drawing skills.
- Managing Design work with internal/external stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of a progressive international company. The successful applicant will be provided with on the job training and be well supported with career path planning and regular performance and development reviews. They will receive a competitive remuneration package including a number of first-rate benefits.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Superb layout and Design skills using the Adobe Suite of products including Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and InDesign.
- Microsoft Office Suite expertise.
- A working knowledge or interest in UI creation tools such as Sketch.
- Mac and PC confidence.
- An understanding of desktop publishing, printing, typography and web technologies.
- A passion for achieving excellent results.
- The ability to work as a collaborative team member.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A conscientious, organised approach to your work, and an eye for detail.
- A good imagination, excellent creativity, and problem solving skills.
Applications, including CV and cover letter, should be sent to email@example.com