Jade Software specialises in the design, development and support of innovative software for a range of industries around the world.
The Jade team is made up of expert, passionate people drawn from the world’s leading companies. It’s this talent, combined with our design-led methods and powerful technologies, which ensure Jade deliver market leading solutions.
Jade is headquartered in Christchurch and has offices in Auckland, Dunedin, Sydney, Melbourne, and the UK. Jade clients include some of the world’s best known companies in financial services, telecommunications, utilities, retail and education.
About the Role
The Jade Visual Design team has a position available for an Intermediate level Digital Graphic Designer for a fixed term period of 12 months. This is an exciting role within a busy team of Graphic and Digital Designers located at our Christchurch development centre. The role involves working on a wide variety of different projects for external clients and internal stakeholders including the Jade Marketing team.
The successful candidate will create work for a global brand and build their own portfolio working on a mixture of Digital Design and Graphic Design, designing web, and print campaigns. Clear art direction will be given, as well as opportunities to manage jobs and collaborate with others.
This job will suit a talented designer with at least 4 years of experience and a strong portfolio.
Key responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Helping bring the Jade visual experience to life.
- Working with the Jade Marketing team to create campaigns that excite and engage our prospects.
- Designing web sites, email campaigns, electronic collateral, web applications, software application art, product collateral, PowerPoint slide decks, graphs, merchandise, charts and video graphics.
- Creating a variety of collateral such as flyers, advertisements, brochures, logos, direct marketing pieces, posters, office signage, exhibits and displays.
- Creating engaging illustration, storyboarding and drawings.
- Managing Design work with internal/external stakeholders.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of a progressive international company. The successful applicant will be provided with a competitive remuneration package.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- Superb layout and design skills using the Adobe Suite of products including Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver and InDesign.
- Microsoft Office Suite expertise.
- Mac and PC confidence.
- An understanding of desktop publishing, printing, typography and web technologies.
- A passion for achieving excellent results.
- The ability to work as a collaborative and flexible team member.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A conscientious, organised approach to your work, and an eye for detail.
- A good imagination, excellent creativity, and problem solving skills.
Applications, including CV and cover letter, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org