Jade Software specialises in the design, development and support of innovative software for a range of industries around the world.
The Jade team is made up of expert, passionate people drawn from the world’s leading companies. It’s this talent, combined with our design-led methods and powerful technologies, which ensure Jade deliver market leading solutions.
Jade is headquartered in Christchurch and has offices in Auckland, Dunedin, Sydney, Melbourne, and the UK. Jade clients include some of the world’s best-known companies in financial services, telecommunications, utilities, retail and education.
About the Role
Based in Christchurch, Jade’s IT Operations group provides a managed service that looks after mission critical IT systems located all over the world. Put simply, our customers rely on us to keep their important systems safe, up to date, reliable and fast. We are excited about what we do, and how we do it. We have a clear game plan that gives us focus on being our customer’s best supplier, continuously working smarter and having some fun.
Our Operations Consultants team consists of 7 highly talented and experienced server-side practitioners. The team sits between our 24x7 Systems Admin / Helpdesk and the Technical Support team of specialist software and automation engineers. They are also supported by our Network Consultants.
The Operations Consultants are the main constructors and maintainers in our managed service environment. They build and configure server infrastructure, cloud services, databases, run-time stacks, applications and interfaces. The team is responsible for ongoing non-automated maintenance and level 2 problem diagnosis / fix operations. They are also variously involved in scripting and automation work.
The job is not all back-office work. We make a point of making ourselves really easy to contact. So there is also a fair amount of conversation with our customers and other staff both in day to day work and in regular customer catch-ups.
We are looking for a senior level Systems Engineer with experience in managing technical staff. While the role is definitely technically hands-on, just as important is the ability to lead, manage and inspire the team.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of a progressive international company. As the successful applicant, you will be provided with personal development opportunities and be well supported with career path planning and regular performance and development reviews. You will receive a competitive remuneration package including a number of first-rate benefits such as health insurance, life and income protection insurance and subsidised broadband.
If you have all of the following attributes we want to hear from you:
- a proven leader of technical staff who takes full accountability, but at the same time you are a team player
- genuine enthusiasm to engage, manage, and motivate individuals and the team
- a very strong Microsoft, Windows Server, SQL Server and VMware technical capability
- you quickly identify big picture considerations such as the sales, commercial and relationship status of customers and adjust your approach as required
- your work habits are well organised, but you also recognise important problems and run to them when required
- naturally establish a rapport with colleagues and customers
- excellent verbal and written communication skills
- have no problem with working outside normal hours when necessary or being 24x7 on-call on a rostered basis
- you are open, honest and friendly.
Applications, including CV and cover letter, should be sent to email@example.com