Jade Software specialises in the design, development and support of innovative software for a range of industries around the world.
The Jade team is made up of expert, passionate people drawn from the world’s leading companies. It’s this talent, combined with our design-led methods and powerful technologies, which ensure Jade deliver market leading solutions.
Jade is headquartered in Christchurch and has offices in Auckland, Dunedin, Sydney, Melbourne, and the UK. Jade clients include some of the world’s best-known companies in financial services, telecommunications, utilities, retail and education.
About the Role
The Jade Finance Team has a permanent position available in Christchurch for a Payroll Specialist. This is an exciting role with the key purpose of managing the payroll function, ensuring accuracy, efficiency and legislative compliance. We foresee the role as being full-time, however we are open to discussion around slightly reduced hours as long as the incumbent can work Monday to Friday.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Managing the payroll function and our relationship with our payroll provider
- Liaising with employees and providing pay related advice
- Ensuring accurate preparation of statutory returns and reports
- Ensuring variations are captured ie; setting up new employees, removing exiting employees, inputting changes in salary, level, title etc
- Completing financial administration tasks such as input, review and payment of invoices
- Collaboration and having fun in a culture that values all of its employee's unique contribution
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of a progressive international company. As the successful applicant you will be provided with on the job training by the existing incumbent, who after five years in the role is an expert in this position, but is now taking a new role within another area of our business. You will be well supported with career path planning and regular performance and development reviews. You will receive a competitive remuneration package including a number of first-rate benefits, such as health insurance, life and income protection insurance and subsidised broadband.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar roles. Familiarity with payroll systems/processing and pay related legislation in NZ (Australian knowledge would also be beneficial)
- Excellent customer service skills
- Computer literacy and healthy numerical skills
- Strong communication skills – verbal and written
- Ability to contribute positively to a team environment, while self-managing
- Organisational skills and a strong ability to prioritise
- Discretion and confidentiality
- Ability to know when to escalate and bring other parties in – ie HR
Applications, including CV and cover letter, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the Christmas/New Year break, applications will not be processed until mid-January.