Jade Software is a global software company that specialises in Enterprise Solutions, Digital Innovation and Smart Logistics.
The Jade team is made up of expert, passionate people drawn from the world’s leading companies. It’s this talent, combined with our design-led methods and powerful technologies, which ensure Jade deliver market leading solutions.
Jade have offices in New Zealand, Australia, USA, UK, Dubai, Rotterdam, Indonesia and Switzerland. Jade clients include some of the world’s best known companies in financial services, telecommunications, utilities, retail and logistics.
About the Role
We’re looking for a Technical Communicator to join us in Christchurch. The Technical Communicator will work closely with our software developers, product managers, and testers to communicate the functionality of our software in the most complete, accurate, and elegant way possible, using our Agile development process. You will therefore need to gain a deep understanding of what the software does and how people use it. You will be a critical member of the team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Communicating in plain English to develop new documents and maintain existing documents in print and web formats to support internal staff and application users, which can include user guides, help systems, online tutorials, reference documents, white papers, and installation guides
- Assisting in the analysis, design, and documentation of the JADE technology itself as part of the product information team or the individual analysis, design, and documentation of end-user applications developed within Jade Software
- Working on tasks of moderate scope and technical complexity
- Managing multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment
- Writing simple to complex code examples
- Communicating with both technical and non-technical groups
- Generating and releasing documents for product information libraries.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of a progressive international company. As the successful applicant you will be provided with on the job training and be well supported with career path planning and regular development. You will receive a competitive remuneration package including a number of first-rate benefits such as health insurance, life and income protection insurance and subsidised broadband.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- A Graduate Diploma of Information Design, a BS or BSc degree, or the equivalent practical experience in education or information design
- A minimum of three years’ relevant experience; for example, technical writing, product documentation, curriculum development, or online publishing
- Experience with Word for Windows and a single-source authoring tool such as Flare
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to translate technical information into concise, clear and easy-to-understand language suitable for its intended audience
- Outstanding organisational skills and the ability to use ISO processes to produce quality results within agreed timeframes
- A team player’s attitude
- A high level of attention to detail.
It would also be desirable for you to possess:
- A knowledge of HTML and CSS
- An understanding of general programming concepts
- Experience with conveying technical concepts to a wider, less-technical audience
- Experience with a programming language; for example, Java, C++, .NET, or JADE
Applications, including CV and cover letter, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org