Jade Software is a global software company that specialises in Enterprise Solutions, and Digital Innovation.
The Jade team is made up of expert, passionate people drawn from the world’s leading companies. It’s this talent, combined with our design-led methods and powerful technologies, which ensure Jade deliver market leading solutions.
Jade have offices in New Zealand, Australia, and UK. Jade clients include some of the world’s best known companies in financial services, telecommunications, utilities, and retail.
About the Role
Jade Software is looking for a Test Engineer to join our Solutions team in Christchurch. The fixed term (10 month) role entails testing complex software in a JADE environment, writing automated tests to assist with the validation of a major Financial System.
Key responsibilities include:
- Delivering quality application change across various platforms through analysis, planning, creation and execution of User Acceptance Test designs, cases and procedures with a focus on building quality in and increasing test automation.
- Acquiring and analysing all relevant documents for assigned projects to determine testing requirements.
- Executing test cases for all assigned projects/enhancements.
- Raising any defects found during test and escalating in accordance with set procedures.
- Tracking progress of allocated test designs and test cases to ensure testing deadlines will be met.
- Participating with customers and other team members to ensure planned testing confirms that the results system meets their requirements.
- Actively contribute to customer support activities.
- Supporting the team to build quality into the product and development processes
- Such other responsibilities that may be reasonably assigned from time to time.
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of a progressive international company. As the successful applicant you will be provided with on the job training and be well supported with career path planning and regular performance and development reviews. You will receive a competitive remuneration package.
As the successful candidate you will possess:
- 2 years’ experience as a Software Tester in a fast paced software development environment
- Experience working with the SCRUM methodology preferred
- IT related tertiary qualification – beneficial
- Excellent experience creating test plans, designing and executing Functional, Integration, User Acceptance, and Regression testing activities
- Experience working with an automated test framework (scripting of automated tests) using Cucumber, SpecFlow, Capybara, Selenium, Test Manager (or equivalent) - not just record and playback.
- Ability to write your own test scripts
- Strong back end system testing experience
- Experience tracking and managing defects, escalating where necessary and contributing to the overall final solution
- Experience testing web services
- Outstanding communication skills
- Ability to organise and prioritise time independently
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work with other stakeholders e.g. BAs, PMs, developers, Account Managers
Applications, including CV and cover letter, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org