Jade Software is a global software company that specialises in Enterprise Solutions, Digital Innovation and Smart Logistics.
The Jade team is made up of expert, passionate people drawn from the world’s leading companies. It’s this talent, combined with our design-led methods and powerful technologies, which ensure Jade deliver market leading solutions.
Jade have offices in New Zealand, Australia, USA, UK, Dubai, Rotterdam, Indonesia and Switzerland. Jade clients include some of the world’s best known companies in financial services, telecommunications, utilities, retail and logistics.
About the Role
The Jade Solutions Team has a 3 month, full-time contract available in Melbourne for an experienced UI/UX Design Contractor. This is an exciting contract with the key purpose of shaping intuitive interfaces for complex digital services. Providing services with an agile delivery team and collaborating with key stakeholders, you will own the visual direction and interaction design.
You will be working with the Jade team to shape a digital service from idea to realisation – turning customer insight and business requirements into intelligent, cross platform digital products and services.
Fantastic opportunity to build a relationship with Jade in the likely event that further contracts or possible employment opportunities develop depending on future customer engagements.
Key Services Include:
Owning the visual direction and interaction design of the application, delivering a user experience that delights the user whilst meeting strategic and business goals;
- Working closely with user researchers, business analysts, product owners and developers to work through complex problems and come up with practical solutions;
- Comfortably, rapidly, sketching on a whiteboard as you are developing prototypes to inform the design process;
- Creating artefacts (wireframes, mockups, visual assets) to bring to life the user experience for stakeholders and delivery team;
- Working collaboratively with stakeholders, researching, eliciting ideas, collating feedback, prototyping and turning ideas into tangible designs;
- Rationalising, articulating and presenting design decisions to clients, stakeholders and peers;
- Guiding stakeholders on the design journey whilst managing their expectations; and
- Working with the delivery team to plan and estimate tasks to be delivered.
This is an excellent opportunity to produce work for a progressive international company. As the successful contractor you will receive a very competitive daily rate.
Understanding stakeholder requests, business strategies and goals is second nature to you, but you are pragmatic about the realities of delivering a large, complex piece of software. You see constraints, less as limitations and more as opportunities to flex your design muscle.
The kind of skills we are looking for in a contractor are:
- Experience in UI/UX design across research, strategy, design and agile delivery;
- Various design techniques such as wireframing, sketching, prototyping and development of UI assets;
- Demonstrable knowledgeable of Design Thinking, Human Centred design and experience working in an agile UX environment;
- Experience using a responsive design approach;
- Excellent collaboration skills;
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal staff and stakeholders;
- Ability to prioritise workloads;
- Pragmatic design approach, understanding when compromise is needed and recognising MVP; &
- Experience with visual design tools (Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator) and prototyping tools (Axure and Invision)
Applications, including CV and cover letter, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org